Friday, July 11, 2008

Filling the Box and the Big Show



I took one for the Box13 team and went to Galveston to pick up some ceramic works from Kamila Szczesna for the upcoming Empty Box Fundraiser on July 19. I really enjoyed the studio visit and Kamila and I are like art-cousins –we both have, to my delight, an interest in the order within chaos. You can see more of Kamila’s work at http://www.kamilaszczesna.com  or at the Drawing Room show at the Galveston Art Center through July 29. While I was visiting, we were both happy to realize that we also both have work in the 2008 Lawndale Big Show that opens tonight at the Lawndale Art Center. Her selected work is related to work in the Drawing Room. My selected works are brand new slug patterns and mixed drawing media on vellum. I was so happy I threw a party for my studio assistants…




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, you better invite me next time so I can check out the lil critters. Oh and CONGRATS on The Big Show!